A cracked heel is also known as heel fissures. This is a very common problem, it can be as a result of different factors ranging from skin dryness, over exposure to pollution, improper foot care, aging, prolonged standing on a hard floor, some medical condition like diabetes, eczema, and thyroid amongst others.
There are several home remedies that can help resolve the problem. The home remedies are:
Lemon contains acidic properties, the acidic properties can be very active in softening rough skin that leads to cracking.
This is achievable by following these steps below:
• Soak your feet for 10 to 15 minutes in warm water with lemon juice added to it. Don’t use very hot water, this can lead to more dry feet.
• Scrub your cracked heels using a sponge.
• Wash your feet and pat dry with a towel.
Ripe bananas have moisturizing properties which can help soften the skin and remove the cracked heels.
• Clean your feet thoroughly. Crush one ripe banana into an even paste then apply the banana paste on your heels.
• Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes so that your skin can absorb the natural nourishment. Wash your feet gently with some warm water and then soak your feet in cold water for 5 to 10 minutes.
• Do this every day for a few weeks to return soft and smooth heels.
Honey has an antibacterial and moisturizing component that can help remove the cracked skin.
• Stir one cup of honey in a bucket filled with warm water.
• Soak your feet in the water for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Scrub your feet mildly.
• Do this daily or several times a week until you see progress
Vegetable oil is also a good home remedy that can help remove the cracked skin and also soften your skin. Follow the following steps to use vegetable oil effectively.
• Soak your feet in a soapy water and scrub it
• Wash your feet and dry it thoroughly
• Apply the vegetable oil on you’re the cracked heel
• Wear a pair of sock to cover the cracked heel before going to bed.
• Repeat this process until the cracked heel is gone completely.
Another home remedy that can help remove cracked heel is
Oatmeal. This can be done by
• Mix the powdered oatmeal and olive oil to create a thick paste.
• Apply the thick paste on the heels and any cracked parts.
• Leave it on for about half an hour. Rinse off with cold water and pat dry.
Photo credit: The newstribe and stock photo