Maintaining a good oral hygiene is very important and cannot be over emphasized. The consequence of not maintaining a good oral hygiene can be very costly, this explains why you need to read this article and follow the simple tips on how to take good care of your teeth.
- Brush twice a day. Make sure you brush in the morning and also at night. This will help to give you healthy pain-free teeth.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste because fluoride contains enamel and which helps to prevent cavities.
- Don’t smoke, we all know smoking is not good for one’s health. Smoking increase one’s chance of having mouth cancer, gives mouth odor, gum diseases and also stains the color of your teeth to yellow or black.
- Reduce the amount of alcohol you take. Alcohol damages the enamel in your teeth and increases your chances of having a tooth decay.
- Don’t brush immediately after eating. After eating your mouth is acidic which makes the enamel softer. It is advisable to wait for 3o minutes after eating before brushing your teeth.
- Also, pay attention to your tongue by brushing it. Most people forget that the tongue also plays a vital role in helping to maintain a good oral hygiene. The surface of the tongue gives room for food particles to hide and these particles later transfer to the teeth which are in form of bacteria. This explains why the tongue needs to be given more attention also, brush your tongue carefully in order to prevent injury.
- Limit your sugar consumption. Sugar erodes the enamel on your teeth because as it breaks down, it produces acid which wears away your enamel. This makes one vulnerable to having cavities and tooth decay.
In conclusion, if you need to visit a dentist for check up, kindly do that. Always remember health is wealth
Photo credit: I smile teeth whitening clinic