Like the popular saying goes,”Health is Wealth”. To maintain a good health, some important things has to be in put in place. Example of such things are: regular exercises, eating a balanced diet, taking fruits amongst others.
Fruits are natures wonderful gift to mankind which overtime, individuals have come to appreciate its benefits.Fruits offer a spectacular variety of flavor, texture, and nutrition that is just waiting to be taken advantage of.
A fruit is the seed-bearing structure in flowering plants (also known as angiosperms) formed from the ovary after flowering. Fruit is the sweet and fleshy product of a tree or other plant that contains seed and can be eaten as food. Examples of fruits are; Apples, Pineapple, Orange, Banana, Grape, Water melon e.t.c.
Fruits generally are divided into different categories depending on the arrangement they are gotten from. They are four different categories, namely: Simple, Aggregrate, Multiple and Accessory fruit.
Below are the reasons why you should take fruit each day:
- The potassium in fruits helps to reduce the risk of heart diseases and stroke.It may also help reducing the risk of developing kidney stone.
- It can help reduce cardiovarscular disease and type 2 diabetes
- Fruits provides relief from constipation,its drives away fat and cholesterol from the body.
- Fruits contains folic acid which helps the body form red blood cells and it is also good for pregnant women, which helps prevent neutral birth defects.
- It contains vitamin c which helps to repair tissues and keeps tooth and gum healthy.
- Provides antioxidant against diseases.
- Eating fruits helps to keep your eyes healthy and helps prevent cataract and mascular degeneration.
- It prevents blood clot and speeds up healing.
- It helps fight diseases by increasing the immunity level of the person.
- It helps in the reduction of bone loss as one grows older.
- It helps maintain a good body weight by satisfying your hunger with lower calories
- It helps in reducing cell stress, also block pro-inflammatory compounds called cytokines,acts as an antioxidant.
- It helps protect against asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- It helps fights coronary artery disease, stroke.
- It help lower blood pressure and it helps the body cells
- It contains beta-carotene,this helps to keep our eyes and skin healthy.
- They serve as a good source of essential fatty acids which are good fats
Fruits has numerous benefits, so why not grab a fruit today and help stay away from visiting the hospital everyday.