Water therapy is a process which involves ingesting significant amounts of water at intervals. One of the world’s best kept secrets is the healing powers of good, clean water. Every individual needs water to survive, but most people are not aware of the problems associated with dehydration. From curing joint pains to refreshing the skin, the therapeutic uses of water are too numerous to ignore. Water therapy basically involves ingesting sufficient amount of water first thing in the morning-ideally 1.5litres, which is about 5-6 glasses of water. It cleanses the body and purifies the organs.
Here are five benefits of water therapy.
- PURIFIES THE COLON: Taking water first thing in the morning helps to purify the colon and allows for better absorption of nutrients.
- WEIGHT LOSS: Water therapy boosts the body metabolism by a significant percentage which in turn helps the weight loss process because the body is quicker in ridding itself of unnecessary substances.
- HYDRATES CELLS: Another thing you stand to gain with water therapy is proper hydration of cells. After the hours of thirst undergone while you’re asleep, water first thing in the morning hydrates the cells at superior rate which helps build muscle and blood cells, an overall great thing for the body.
- FLUSH AND BALANCE LYMPHATIC SYSTEM: The lymphatic system is a series of vessels that drain fluid from the tissue, it is an important part of the immune system. What water therapy therefore does for this system is cleanse it which then increases immunity and the ability to fight illness.
- BRIGHTER SKIN: It’s often said that the road to great skin starts from within. Water therapy helps rid the body of toxins which are poisonous substances in the body. With the elimination of toxins comes brighter, glowing skin.