Water is essential to our survival. Drinking roughly eight glasses of water a day is ideal. However, what most people don’t know is that warm water and hot water have some exclusive health benefits of their own that you just can’t get when you drink cold water. Here are some of these benefits.
- ASSISTS WITH NASAL AND THROAT CONGESTION: Drinking hot water is an excellent natural remedy for colds, coughs, and a sore throat. It dissolves phlegm and also helps to remove it from the respiratory tract. As such, it can provide relief from a sore throat. It also helps in clearing nasal congestion.
- MENSTRUAL CRAMPS: Hot water can also aid in diminishing menstrual cramps. The heat of the water has a calming and soothing effect on the abdominal muscles, which eventually can help to cure cramps and spasms.
- BODY DETOXIFICATION: Hot water is fantastic for helping your body to detox. When you drink hot water, your body temperature begins to rise, which results in sweat. You want this to happen because it helps to release toxins from your body and cleanse it properly. For optimal results, add a squeeze of lemon before drinking.
- PREVENTS ACNE AND PIMPLES: Hot water deep cleanses your body and eliminates the root causes of acne related infections.
- PREVENTS PREMATURE AGING: Toxins make you age faster, drinking hot water helps to repair the skin cells that increase elasticity of your skin and are affected by harmful radicals. Subsequently, your damaged skin becomes smoother.